Suggestions for a
Successful Change One Belief Story
A Change One Belief story is an inspirational,
true story about how one small change of belief can change everything.
Your story should touch the heart, connect emotionally with
the reader and lead to a definite reaction -- laughter or tears.
The dramatic immediacy and vividness of the
story should inspire readers, who will relate to the people
and situations in the story, finding a connection with their
own lives. The best stories pack a powerful ending. Courageous
and heart-opening, stories will leave the reader feeling inspired,
grateful, passionate, and glad to be alive. These ultimately
hopeful stories should span a range of human emotions that connect
us all together.
Guidelines for a Change One Belief Story
- A well-told, exciting, sad or hilarious
story about something that has happened to you or someone
you know. Introduce the character(s) and write in the first
person (from your point of view).
- Tell your story in a way that will elicit
an emotional reaction, such as laughter or tears.
- The story may start with action, and introduce
a situation or problem. Your story may include dialogue. Each
story should have a satisfying lesson, a positive change and
a definite pay-off.
- Your story should be heart-based.
- Submission is free of charge.*
- Stories should be e-mailed to: SubmitStory@ChangeOneBelief.com
Please submit your story only once.
- Stories should be non-fiction from 300 to
1000 words, double-spaced and include a title and your name
as you would like it to be included in the anthology.
- Please include your contact information:
phone numbers, e-mail, street address and website.
- Please submit a Microsoft Word file.
- Keep copies of the work you submit to us.
We will not be able to send you copies of your submission.
- Your e-mailed Word document should be titled:
COB, One Word Title, Your Last Name, First Initial. For instance,
"Boys Do Cry" written by Jeff Jones: COBBoysJonesJ
- In your short author bio at the conclusion
of your story, you may include the name of your business,
other books you have written, your website address and one
sentence about you.
- All submissions become the property of Change
One Belief and Expert Author Publishing, which retains the
right to reprint any part of any story submitted for any purpose.
Authors can, however, reuse stories in their books as long
as they are not written in exactly the same manner.
- Once your story is chosen, acceptance may
be contingent upon the story being edited and given a simple
but catchy, communicable title. Editing service costs $50.00.
The price for titling is $50.00.
When you submit your story to us through our
website, you will receive an immediate response that we have
received it. This is the confirmation that your story has been
delivered and accepted into our submission process. It is the
only acknowledgment you will receive from us.